Root canal therapy is needed when the dental pulp and nerve of a tooth are affected by decay or infection. In order to save the tooth, the pulp (the living tissue inside the tooth), nerves, bacteria, and any decay are removed and the resulting space is filled with special, medicated dental materials, which restore the tooth to its full function. A root canal in Germantown, Tennessee is the treatment of choice to save a tooth that otherwise would die and need to be removed.
If you experience the following signs and symptoms, you may benefit from root canal therapy:
- An abscess on the gums
- Extreme tooth sensitivity to hot and cold
- Severe tooth pain
- Swelling and/or tenderness in the nearby gum
Our caring dentists at Kizer Dental Associates may recommend root canal therapy if:
- Decay has reached the tooth pulp
- An infection or abscess has developed inside the tooth or at the root tip
- The tooth is severely damaged by injury or trauma
Dr. Kizer, Dr. Smith, and our dental team will ensure that your root canal therapy is as painless and comfortable as possible. For more information on how root canal therapy can restore your oral health, please call us today!